Individual and Community Well-being
(3 credits) [ICW]
Students must complete one course.
Courses in this area:
- Explore the growth and development of the individual and address the interconnected dimensions of well-being.
- Study and evaluate the ways that the local, state, national, or private sectors frame and implement social policies, and the consequences of these policies for well-being.
- Examine social structures and practices such as urban and rural development, planning, funding allocations, and legislative initiatives designed to secure the well-being of the community.
- Examine the short- and long-term consequences of beliefs, behaviors, and policies that affect the well-being of individuals and communities.
- Address the role of prevention strategies in promoting well-being.
|CD-100||Introduction to Human Communication and its Disorders||3|
|CM-220||Amazon Exp.: Oil, Media & Indigenous Sur||3|
|CM-272||News Reporting and Writing||3|
|EC-104||Personal Financial Planning||3|
|EC-208||Economics of Health Care||3|
|ED-155||Teaching and Learning in Elementary School||3|
|ED-206||Development and Learning of Typical and Atypical Children Birth to Age 8||3|
|ED-207||The Adolescent in Schools & Society||3|
|ED-271||International and Comparative Education||3|
|EN-272||News Reporting and Writing I||3|
|HC-202||Introduction to Global Health||3|
|HC-203||Introduction to Epidemiology||3|
|HC-340||Global Perspective in Public Health||3|
|HE-120||Health and Nutrition||3|
|HE-220||Mental Health Education||3|
|HE-350||Community Health Education||3|
|HI-290||Health and Healing in America||3|
|JO-101||Introduction to Journalism||3|
|NU-357||Global Perspectives in Health||3|
|PH-152||Philosophy of Love and Sex||3|
|PH-180||Sports and Philosophy||3|
|PH-225||Philosophy of Language||3|
|PO-312||Health Politics and Policy||3|
|SO-100||Introduction to Sociology||3|
|SO-250||Sociology of Religion||3|
|SO-255||Sociology of Disability||3|
|SO-295||Sociology of Death & Dying||3|
|SO-355||Gender and Sexuality||3|
|SO-435||Introduction to Social Enterprise||3|
|SP-291||Introduction to Medical Spanish||3|
|SP-292||Spanish for Women's Health||3|
|SP-294||Spanish for the Nutrition and Dietitian Professional||3|
|SP-295||The Human Body: Spanish for Anatomy||3|
|TH-290||Theatre for Young Audiences||3|
|TH-292||Applied Theatre and Community Engagement||3|
|UR-103||Introduction to Women's Studies||3|
|UR-230||Technology, Public Policy and Urban Society||3|
|UR-250||Introduction to Urban Planning||3|
|UR-320||Power and Urban Insecurity||3|