Worcester State University is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC). NEASC is a non-governmental, nationally recognized organization whose affiliated institutions include elementary schools through collegiate institutions offering post-graduate instruction.
Accreditation of an institution by NEASC indicates that it meets or exceeds criteria for the assessment of institutional quality periodically applied through a peer group review process. An accredited school or college is one which has available the necessary resources to achieve its stated purposes through appropriate educational programs, is substantially doing so, and gives reasonable evidence that it will continue to do so in the foreseeable future. Institutional integrity is also addressed through accreditation.
Accreditation by NEASC applies to the institution as a whole. As such, it is not a guarantee of the quality of every course or program offered, or the competence of individual graduates. Rather, it provides reasonable assurance of the quality of opportunities available to students who attend the institution.
Inquiries regarding the status of an institution’s accreditation by NEASC should be directed to the administrative staff of the school or college. Individuals may also contact the Association:
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
3 Burlington Woods Drive, Suite 100
Burlington, MA 01803-4514
The following graduate programs are accredited by their respective professional organizations:
- Nursing, The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Speech-Language Pathology, the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Occupational Therapy, Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education
- Education, Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
- Education-School Psychology, The Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE), National Association of School Psychologists (NASP)
Please refer to department chapters for addresses and telephone numbers of the accrediting organizations.