Communication Sciences and Disorders Honors Program
The CSD Honors Program is intended for outstanding students within the CSD major. Students completing the requirements will graduate with departmental honors. Applicants must submit a letter of application to the CSD Undergraduate Committee, a research proposal, and a letter of support from a faculty sponsor. Applications are due November 1st for Spring semester and April 1st for Fall semester.
Requirements for the Communication Sciences and Disorders Honors Program
To be part of the program, CSD students must have:
- A minimum GPA of 3.5
- No grade less that a B in all CSD courses and non-CSD required courses
- Completed a total of 60 credits
- Completed the following prior to application:
|CD-110||Anatomy and Physiology of Speech And Hearing||3|
|CD-115||Normal Development of Speech and Language||3|
|CD-230||Neuroscience for Communication Sciences and Disorders||3|
Once accepted into the CSD Honors Program, students will:
- Complete a research project in collaboration with a CSD faculty mentor
- Present the project in at least one venue
Students are required to meet with their department advisor to review their upcoming semester academic choices. A minimum of 120 credits is required for graduation.