4+1 Bachelor of Science in Sociology/Masters in Non-Profit Management

Through a combined five year Bachelor of Science in Sociology/Masters in Non-Profit Management program of studies, it is possible for motivated full-time students who are sociology majors to complete a five-year program leading to degrees including both a bachelor's degree in Sociology and a master's in Non-Profit Management.

Students who have completed 90 undergraduate credits may apply for admission into the special five year B.S./M.S. program if they have an overall GPA of not less than 3.0 and a major GPA of not less than 3.25. Students are also required to complete an undergraduate internship, independent study, or capstone project that incorporates work with a community-based organization as part of their undergraduate work. Students must meet all other requirements for admission to the Master in Non-Profit Management. The GRE requirement is waived for students with an overall GPA of 3.25 or higher.

Please also consult the graduate catalog for more information.

In order to complete the joint degree, in the final year of their bachelor's work, students take three graduate level courses (9-11 credits), which are counted toward both the undergraduate and graduate degree requirements. These graduate credits are included in the undergraduate tuition of full-time state supported students. Students must also take at least one summer class between the Spring of their BS graduation and the Fall in which they embark on full-time graduate studies. Taking the graduate credits as an undergraduate and the summer class allows students to complete course requirements for the bachelor's and master's degree in five years (60 months). For more details, students should consult with the graduate coordinator of the program.