Documentation of High School Diploma or Equivalency

All new incoming matriculating students* must provide proof of completing high school by providing documentation of a high school diploma or equivalency: The University will accept any of the following:

  • An official high school transcript sent directly from the high school stamped with the date of graduation.
  • An official GED or HiSET score reports sent directly from the issuing agency.
  • Original high school diploma or original GED certificate brought to the Admissions Office (photocopy retained).
  • For records that are unobtainable or destroyed, applicants may submit a letter from the school superintendent (on official letterhead and with high school seal) indicating date of graduation and/or completion of high school or home school education.
  • If a letter from a school superintendent is not available for missing or destroyed records, students may submit a signed statement explaining lack of availability to the Director of Admissions for consideration.
  • Those documents awarded from a country outside of the U.S. must be translated and evaluated to U.S. standards through a credential evaluating agency.
  • The acceptability of a high school diploma is determined by an evaluation of the institution's accreditation and curriculum. A high school diploma may be accepted if recognized by the state in which it was issued as offering a curriculum consistent with state law. Certificates of completion and diplomas representing non-academic curriculum will not be accepted.

*Students who have already earned an Associates or Bachelors degree are exempt from submitting an official final high school transcript.