Pass/Fail Grades for Graduate Courses

Although the Pass/Fail grade for graduate courses is not normally an option, there are three cases in which the option will be available:

  1. For professionals returning for current information and not a degree, but who wish to receive credit for personal or professional reasons.

  2. At the discretion of the academic department, in courses such as practica or internships for which a supervising professional oversees the educational experience.

  3. Courses offered with the Professional Development (PD) identifier are offered on a Pass/Fail basis and may not be used towards graduate degrees at Worcester State University.

A student who has elected the pass/fail option under one of the above three conditions may not at a later time convert the pass/fail grade to a specific letter grade.