Federal Grants and Benefits

Federal Pell Grant

The Federal Pell Grant is available to undergraduate students enrolled in a degree program who do not already have a bachelor’s degree. For the 2023-2024 academic year, Pell Grants range from $757 to $7,395. All eligible students will receive the Federal Pell Grant amount to which they are entitled.

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant

The Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG) is a federal grant administered by the University. These Grants are limited to undergraduate students who do not already have a bachelor’s degree. Priority is given to students with exceptional need who are also Pell Grant recipients. SEOG awards are determined by the Financial Aid Office.


The TEACH Grant Program provides grants to students who are completing or plan to complete course work needed to begin a career in teaching. As a condition for receiving a TEACH Grant, students must sign a TEACH Grant Agreement to Serve in which they agree to (among other requirements) teach:

  • in a high-need field; 
  • at an elementary school, secondary school, or educational service agency that serves students from low-income families; and 
  • for at least four complete academic years within eight years after completing (or ceasing enrollment in) the course of study for which the grant was received

The eligible undergraduate programs are Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, and Middle & Secondary Education.

The eligible graduate programs are English as a Second Language, Reading Specialist, and Moderate Disabilities.

If students do not meet the requirements of the service obligation, all TEACH Grants received will be converted to Direct Unsubsidized Loans. Students must repay these loans in full, with interest.

Veterans Benefits

The Department of Veterans Affairs and the Massachusetts State Approving Agency has approved Worcester State University for the purpose of certifying Veterans Educational Benefits. Questions concerning veteran’s benefits should be directed to the Office of the Registrar.