General University Refund Policy
This refund policy applies to all full-time and part-time students enrolled in regularly scheduled classes at Worcester State University other than those attending Worcester State University for the first time (in the current academic year) and receiving financial aid. This policy applies to all tuition, room, board, fees, and other standard billed charges.
All matriculated students, undergraduate and graduate, who wish to withdraw from the University must do so in writing to the Registrar’s Office on the prescribed form. The official date of withdrawal is that on which the completed form is received and stamped by the Registrar. All withdrawals from courses—rather than withdrawal from the University entirely – must be done in writing to the Registrar’s Office, following the procedures established for that purpose.
Withdrawal Refund Policy
Refunds for withdrawal from the University or withdrawal from courses will be made based on the following schedule if official notice of withdrawal has been received in writing and certified by the Registrar:
- Prior to the first day of classes, or within the official add/drop period
- Full refund of all tuitions and fees paid
- After the official add/drop period
- No refund of any tuitions or fees paid (unless registration is cancelled by the University)
- Room Charge (if applicable)
- A full refund of room fees, less the $150 room reservation deposit will be made if intention to withdraw is received by the Director of Housing in writing at least 30 days prior to the beginning of the semester, and the University is able to fill the vacancy thus created.
- A pro-rata refund of room fees will be made if intention to withdraw is received by the Director of Housing in writing prior to November 1st (Fall semester) or April 1st (Spring semester), and the University is able to fill the vacancy thus created.
- The Housing Contract is for the term of one (1) full academic year, unless otherwise specified in writing. To terminate this agreement, for any reason other than terminating his/her status as a student of Worcester State University, a student must petition for release with the Director of Residence Life. Such release is not guaranteed, and the University reserves the right to deny requests to terminate or cancel the agreement.