(minimum of 6 credits) [QR]
Students must complete a minimum of two QR courses. One must be a course with the MA (mathematics) prefix and completed within the first 60 credits of study (exceptions to this time frame may be necessary for transfer students). All students must pass the Math Placement Test at the stipulated level in order to register for a MA course.
Courses in this area:
- Acquaint students with formal systems, procedures, and sequences of operations.
- Strengthen students' understanding of variables and functions.
- Apply mathematical techniques to the analysis and solution of real-life problems.
- Develop an understanding of and facility with statistical analysis, including an understanding of its applications and limitations. Courses meeting these criteria must emphasize why statistical inference works and not simply how to use statistical techniques.
- Strengthen understanding of the relationship between algebraic and graphical representations.
- Emphasize the importance of accuracy, including precise language and careful definitions of mathematical concepts.
- Understand both underlying principles and practical applications of one or more fields of mathematics.
|CH-120||General Chemistry I||4|
|CS-101||Basics of Computer Science||3|
|CS-135||Programming for Non-CS Majors||3|
|CS-155||Computer Networking, Security and Databases||3|
|MA-105||Survey of Mathematics||3|
|MA-130||Number and Operations for Teachers||3|
|MA-131||Patterns, Functions and Algebra for Teachers||3|
|MA-132||Geometry, Measurement, Probability and Statistics for Teachers||3|
|MA-180||Introduction to Functions||3|